Makes one loaf.
150g SR flour
1 tbs baking powder
800g corn kernels, drained, use fresh if available
200g shredded cheddar cheese
250ml full cream milk
4 free-range eggs
1/2 tsp sea salt
30g roquette for garnish
1 lime for garnish
100ml extra virgin olive oil garnish
- Mix everything together by hand in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour into lined medium bread loaf baking tin.
- Bake at 170c until firm in the centre,
- cool completely before cutting.
6 dried chipotle chillies
8 garlic cloves, chopped
4 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
750g soft salted butter
- Soak chipotle chillies in boiling water covered with cling wrap for 30 min
- Drain and chop chipotle, combine with fresh chilli, garlic and blitz with a food processor or stick blender
- Add butter and blitz until smooth consistency
- Pour mixture into clingwrap and roll into sausage-like shapes, then chill and store in the freezer.
- Toast cornbread on both sides in a frypan with oil or butter, toss roquette with lime juice and extra virgin olive oil and add to the plate, then slice a disc of the chipotle butter and let melt on top of the warm bread.
- Add bacon, guacamole and fried egg for the ultimate brunch experience!