No-fail yoghurt + garlic flat breads
Makes 8 large flatbread or 16 mini ones.
- 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1tsp baking powder
- 200g greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- Tip the dough out on to a clean work surface dusted with flour and knead for a minute or so, to bring it all together.
- Put the dough into a flour-dusted bowl and cover with a plate. Put to one side to let rise a little for 10-15 minutes.
Don’t expect it to rise like normal dough, but it will puff a little.
- Dust another clean work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Using your hands, pat and flatten out the dough, then use the rolling pin to roll each piece into a disc roughly 20cm in diameter and 2-3mm thick.
To cook in the frying pan:
- Warm a frying pan or griddle that’s a bit larger than your flatbreads over a medium heat.
- Once your pan is nicely hot, cook each flatbread for 1-2 minutes on each side, until nicely puffed up and golden in places, turning it with tongs.
- Stack together in a clean tea-towel and cover until you serve.