- 1 bunch asparagus (250g approx.)
- 200g broad beans, blanched and doubled peeled
- 150g goats curd/ chevre
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 80g toasted macadamias
- tspn lemon rind
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt for seasoning
- 1 clove garlic
- cracked black pepper seasoning
- olive oil for grilling
Flamed asparagus, broad bean and goats curd salad.
1. De-pod the broad beans and bring a medium sized pot of salted water to the boil and quickly blanch your broad beans, while they’re still warm peel off the second layer of bean, leaving a bright green jewel colour. Set aside in the fridge.
2. Snap off the woody part of the asparagus and coat in a light olive oil.
3. Over a gas hob flame, place a wire rack and let it heat up, quickly flame the asparagus letting it take on a bit of chargrilled colour. This should take a minute or two maximum.
4. Slice asparagus in three’s and place into the bowl with the broad beans, and season with sea salt.
5. In a food processor, whip the goats curd, cream cheese, chives, lemon rind, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, clove garlic, pepper and sea salt until light and fluffy.
6. Spoon whipped goats curd on the base of a plate, making a little bed. Toss the asparagus and broad beans with a little lemon juice and place in the middle of the goats curd, finishing with the spear heads on top for presentation. Roughly chop the toasted macadamias and sprinkle generously all over.
7. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and cracked black pepper.