Vegan Broadbean Pesto
Broad beans are a great lively, spring vegetable and they crop in abundance, so once you’ve enjoyed the first few kilos and exhausted your creativity in the kitchen, handed them out to the neighbourhood and friends, what’s to be done
with the rest of the harvest?
This pesto recipe is a great way to use up the overflow of a broad bean crop an can be made vegan for your dietary friends, the best thing is it can even be frozen for use later on.
- 500g broad beans in shell, (if using frozen broad beans 250g)
- 1 cup savoury yeast
- 3 cloves peeled local garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 200ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g washed roquette, the peppery the better
- 1 tspn Salt flakes
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper